Job Description:Embedded Test Engineer Job at Mentor Graphics
A Linux QA Engineer with experience in embedded Linux runtime environment. The ideal candidate should have recent hands-on development/qa expertise with the major aspects of embedded Linux (embedded HW architectures, the Linux kernel, build environments, etc.). The position involves a significant level of autonomy in which a self-motivated applicant will work independently to develop/test solutions. The candidate must also be comfortable working in a team environment and working directly with partners and customers. On occasion, travel may be required to meet with community organizations, partners, and customers.
In this position, you will be responsible for leading a software test team or technology to ensure the highest quality of software.
· Serve as the Quality team interface to Embedded Linux Product/Services Development team and Management.
· For specific projects, communicate the test strategy, tactical execution plans, and test results to various functional groups.
· Develop and execute Software test plans and test cases.
· Create tests using Linux shell scripting, Python, C and C++.
· Analyze test results and debug test failures.
· Consult with development engineers on debugging and defect resolution.
· Drive the test automation strategy by architecting new solutions, maintaining existing test automation code and providing hands on direction.
Qualifications and Skills: Embedded Test Engineer Job at Mentor Graphics
- B.E. / B.Tech. In CS/ETC/EE or equivalent qualifications.
- 4+ years’ experience in Embedded Linux Software / BSP Testing.
- Good domain knowledge and experience in testing the embedded Linux kernel, kernel subsystems, and user space applications.
- Good experience on testing ARM/X86 based board series platform.
- Understanding of Linux source code and Strong experience in Shell/Python Scripting/C to write automated test cases.
- Good understanding and expertise on both white box and black box software testing.
- Experience in developing Test automation harness utilizing the best of OSS for Embedded Linux QA.
- Hands-on experience in Debian and/Or Yocto Open-embeddedbased software development and testing.
- Experience with open source test tools for example but not limited to LTP, LAVA, Linaro-Test, pTest etc.
- Experience on working with complete CI System to support to support continuous development, integration and Testing.
- Have a sound understanding of test methodologies. Familiar with test planning, matrix definition, and test case specifications.
- Strong diagnostic and troubleshooting skills. Experience of using GDB/JTAG/BDI/DS5 is desirable.
- Knowledge of SCM activities using GIT and developing different build & test jobs using Jenkins.
- Good understanding of the following concepts: Cross vs Native Development, File system Layout, Kernel Configuration, Linux Memory Model, IPC, and Kernel-Userland Communications etc.
- Should be innovative in solving analytical problems. Must be self-motivated, interested in working as part of a team, and able to work in a distributed team.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to develop schedules, plan activities for self and others and work well with other functional teams.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – written, verbal and presentation.
- Candidate must be a self-starter and able to manage time extremely well.
- Candidate should be able to recommend process improvements and technical solutions to a wide range of problems
- Experience in creating tools that QA group can use to add value to testing efforts and processes
How you match
Criteria provided by job poster
Python (Programming Language)
Joint Test Action Group (JTAG)
- Computer Software
- Information Technology